About The SIMI EQP
The Experience Qualification Path (EQP) is an alternative path towards becoming a SIMI Certified Mediator under the SIMI Credentialing Scheme. There are two limbs under the EQP:
- Mediators endorsed by a SIMI-Approved Endorsing Organisations; and
- IMI Certified Mediators.
SIMI-Approved Endorsing Organisation
Under this limb, an individual may apply to become a SIMI Certified Mediator if they provide the following:
- an endorsement by a SIMI-approved Endorsing Organisation, stating that the applicant is an experienced practicing and active mediator (e.g. current member of a mediation panel);
- appoint a Reviewer to write a Feedback Digest based on at least 10 mediations, to be uploaded to the applicant's SIMI Certified Mediator Profile; and
- complete his or her SIMI Certified Mediator profile in accordance with the SIMI Guidelines.
This path is only available between 1 February 2015 to 30 June 2015.
Extension Of Time
Mediators who need more time to submit their feedback digest may do so by writing in either personally or through a SIMI-approved Endorsing Organisation to SIMI by email on or before 30 June 2015. The email should indicate their intent and commitment to submit their feedback digest on or before 31 December 2015.
Further, in order to qualify for the request for the extension of time, the mediator must have satisfied all of the other requirements by 30 June 2015 :
- completed all other fields of their profile;
- appointed a Reviewer; and
- be supported by a SIMI-approved endorsing organisation.
IMI Certified Mediator
IMI Certified Mediators may apply to become SIMI Certified if they are able to ensure that their Feedback Digest has been updated within the 1 year period immediately preceding their application.
IMI Certified Mediators will need to make their application through a SIMI Qualifying Assessment Program listed here.