To be eligible for the CDR Award, applicants must ensure that they meet the following requirements:
- At the time of the Review Period in question, they were enrolled in a law tertiary institution in Singapore and pursuing full-time undergraduate or post-graduate studies at the same.
- Are not involved in any type of disciplinary or criminal proceedings, whether such proceedings are taking place within a tertiary institution or otherwise.
A Review Period is defined with reference to each Award Year as the upper bound.
The following table illustrates this relationship by setting out the Review Period for Award Years 2020 and 2021:
Definition of 'CDR Competition'
CDR competitions can take place domestically in Singapore, and internationally. They may also take place face-to-face, online, or some combination in-between.
Examples of CDR Competitions are:
- International Mediation Singapore
- ICC International Commercial Mediation Competition
- International Negotiation Competition
- Consensual Dispute Resolution Competition (CDRC) Vienna
SIMI and the SMU School of Law reserve the right to make a final determination as to whether any event qualifies as a ‘CDR Competition’ for the purposes of assessing an application.