About The SIMI Private Mediation Verification Scheme (SIMI PMV)
The SIMI PMV is intended to facilitate the use of non-administered mediation by SIMI Mediators who wish to submit such mediations for the purposes of satisfying the experience requirement under the SIMI Credentialing Scheme. Under the SIMI PMV, applicants will write in directly to SIMI to request for advancement to a higher tier.
Important Note About The SIMI PMV
The SIMI PMV is only available for progression to SIMI Accredited Mediator Level 2 or SIMI Accredited Mediator Level 3 only.
It is not available for parties who wish to be a SIMI Accredited Mediator Level 1 or SIMI Certified Mediator.
Application Process For SIMI PMV
- Applicants should first download the latest SIMI PMV application form here and provide the requested information.
- The completed application form can be sent in directly to SIMI by email.
- SIMI will notify the applicant of the outcome of their application by email.
SIMI charges administrative fees for processing submissions under the SIMI PMV Scheme. As always, all fees received by SIMI will go towards supporting SIMI's mission in maintaining high standards of professional mediation in Singapore and the region, raising awareness among users and other stakeholders in the mediation space, as well as promoting education and research initiatives in mediation academia.
The following fees are applicable from 1 January 2015 onward. SIMI regularly reviews its fees to ensure that they are aligned with the scope of entitlements and privileges under each scheme, as well as the cost of funding SIMI's various operations and activities.
Submission For SIMI Accredited Mediator Level 2
Submission For SIMI Accredited Mediator Level 3
- How will I know whether I have sufficient cases for progression to either SIMI Accredited Mediator Level 2 or SIMI Accredited Mediator Level 3?
Applicants are responsible for checking the relevant experience requirements under the SIMI Credentialing Scheme, which can be found here. The exact number of cases may vary for each applicant depending on whether they opt for recognition by case numbers or by case hours.
- Can I have a combination of cases from non-administered and administered mediations for the purposes of satisfying the experience requirement under the SIMI Credentialing Scheme?
Yes, you may combine cases from different sources.